Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Washday Wednesday - Boot Camp Day 8

Whew, wash time definitely increases with 5 dogs but it had to be done lest our neighbors started to think our septic tank was backing up.

All of my dogs have always hated the blow dryer, but I purchased one specifically for dogs when we got our new "show pug", K.K. After a bit of getting used to it, Charlie and Sebastian LOVE grooming. In fact, Sebastian Boog is SO cute when he actually "purrs" during bath time. 

So, that plus washing all their crate beds and scrubbing out the crates took all of my free morning time. 

Since Monday was a lazy day, and yesterday was a "buy a new car" and camp outside (on our front driveway nonetheless, WITH all the dogs!) day, I HAD to make a point to do some structured training .... even after a LONG day of teaching. 

I watched a few of  Connie Cleveland's training videos and we learned spin (right and left). I always forget how FAST this little Sebastian booger learns!
Of course KK needed a little training too since she has a show weekend after next. I didn't attempt the "circle a cone".... I will try this in the morning. I am thinking it will be challenging since he has trained to always be at my side or front. We never learned "go out" or anything like that. But, we'll try tomorrow! 

To be honest, this video actually seemed a bit more in line with Washday Wednesday's energy level..... 

Another one of Connie's videos reminded me of "bed" (which boog used to LOVE) so we finished up with this one. Made it a "group adventure" which was probably not the best thing. (It's difficult to train multiple dogs!)
Needless to say, we're now running low on the tripe treats! To be honest, I don't know if I have the stomach (lol) to cook that stuff again. But, I might give it one last try and use the advice a friend suggested to soak the tripe in milk overnight, then pour out the milk before cooking. Perhaps a good project for this Saturday Valentine's! 

Tripe ... it's what's for dinner.

  

1 comment: