Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Training humans is SO easy! Boot Camp Day 7

Sadly, the Boog received absolutely no training on Monday due to his owners packed day with fun "life stuff" (including purchase of a new car).

However, the "new" car (a used 2007 Nissan Pathfinder) will have plenty of room for dog crates en route to classes and future dog events!

Here's KK and Jeff in our "new" car!

In retrospect, Boog actually did get some training yesterday ... but of the "dog-training-owner" variety. Sigh. (How is it that I keep letting this dog out smart me?)

I let him come down the stairs with me to the studio just as a student arrived. Instead of going in the studio x-pen, (where he and KK usually stay while I teach), he decided he would RATHER initiate a "catch me" game. So, instead of coming when I call him, he started doing the "ears back/tail down/tummy to the ground" circle runs around the studio. Actually, it reminded me of when he was a puppy. That was some FAST running! (Made me think of this video of him when he was a puppy ....)

He was having the time of his life. The student tried to help me catch him but eventually, given that I had to get on with the piano lesson, I gave in and lured him to the x-pen with some delicious freeze-dried lung treats.

Sigh.

So, once again, he was reinforced that "I will get a delicious treat if I disobey mom and run from her."

Note to self: I will NOT let this happen again. The "string" is going on him before descending into piano studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment