Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 4 of Booger's Boot Camp

AM
Once again we began Day 4 with the usual breakfast work camp. He had to earn every morsel. Since I needed to clean up the den, we revisited an older "game" which he learned around age 1 --- putting his toys into his toy chest!
A bit later this morning I reached out to pet him and he backed away. (A booger game he thinks is fun). So it seemed time to try-out the "fishing line". (Actually, I was worried about the fishing line I bought so we're just using a simple light weight string at first.)

Of course, wouldn't you know, he has come EVERY single time I've called him since I attached the string to his collar (and my wrist). And, did I mention the string chaos?


I am DEFINITELY going to need to learn more about this string stuff ....especially since my rescue, Lexi, obviously has a leash fettish! The Wisdom Panel results said that Lexi had a lot of Golden Retriever in her. I've heard GR's can not resist leashes and often take themselves on walks. Thought I'd google youtube ..... Yep ... lots of videos like this one ...

In a few minutes I'm taking the Boog to the vet for his annual shots. It's his first visit with our new vet and I'm looking forward to seeing how his back legs (hips and knees) are doing. They seem a lot more 'wobbly' to me so I want to make sure there's nothing we could be doing to help prevent them from wearing out. Who knows? Maybe he doesn't like all the sitting involved in Rally because of the joint problems?!

TGIF. Long teaching day today, so I'm not sure if we'll get anymore training in today. Perhaps tonight and, if so, I'll update tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment